May 25, 2011

Maker Faire & Me

Snapshots of my day at Maker Faire Bay Area 2011.


Neon forest.


Egg buddies.


Giant felt Totoro. <3


Pacific Pinball camper.


Neat architecture.


There was an entire avenue of these guys. And they were interactive, to boot!


Interactive sound-mobile.


Wall-o-Stick n Clicks



The Scrap Tent. Tables of clothing, fabric scraps, notions galore, and sewing stations.


The Homegrown Village--booths dedicated to urban agriculture of all kinds. I'm totally setting up aluminum can planters at the new place.


Carousolar--the solar powered carousel.


The butchery demo. 1/2 pig sliced into familiar shapes right in front of my eyes. Really neat.


My maker doing his thing.


My goodies from the scrap tent: safety pins and scrap fabric for future embroidery projects.


Starter needle felting supplies courtesy of Moxie. This will soon be a mushroom. Right now I'm working on the stem. Hopefully I'll be able to add some spots. Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment